The College of Sciences and Humanities is home to the natural, mathematical, and computational sciences; social and behavioral sciences; and humanities. Our students are encouraged to take risks, make discoveries, and serve our neighbors. Ball State’s College of Sciences and Humanities (CSH) provides students with the skills they need to think critically, act globally, solve problems, and make sound judgments. Our faculty work side by side with our students in immersive learning, community engagement, and research. This unique collaboration has led to community-inspired projects such as:
- Partnerships addressing community concerns like food insecurity, neighborhood safety, domestic violence, and the opioid crisis.
- Biotechnology research focusing on developing improved treatments in diseases such as cancer, autoimmune diseases, and cholesterol-related disorders.
- Immersive learning experiences like Access to Justice that helps members of our community navigate the justice system and gain access to services available to assist them in quality living.
- Cardinal Weather Service providing local weather forecasts to outdoor enthusiast through partnerships with the Cardinal Greenway, Delaware County Futbol Club, and Ball State Athletics.
- Students involved in entrepreneurship initiatives in communications, digital preservation, letterpress printing and bookbinding, and organic agriculture.
- Innovative teaching practices implemented by creating partnerships with our faculty and Muncie Community Schools, enabling middle and high school teachers to expand their STEM classroom curriculum to meet state educational standards.
The College of Sciences and Humanities Fund
Your gift allows these energetic, innovative and passionate students and faculty cross boundaries and be part of the bigger story of our neighborhoods, community, state, and the world. Your generous contributions will help:
- Send talented students and faculty to conferences where they can discuss new ideas and share their research with colleagues.
- Provide our innovative faculty support to develop partnerships that further our reach into communities and continue to connect our students with experiences that tackle real-world problems.
- Support costs associated with undergraduate research activities such as equipment, field studies, travel, and conference fees.
- Develop the Compass Program, an initiative that provides resources for students to translate their high demand skill sets into lucrative and purposeful careers.