About the University Libraries
Ball State University Libraries advances the university’s mission and supports its enduring values by creating transformative experiences for diverse communities of learners through excellent resources, expert research assistance, dedicated study and learning spaces, and innovative services and technologies for knowledge discovery and dissemination, lifelong learning, and community engagement.
How Your Donation Helps
A gift to the University Libraries is a gift to Ball State University as a whole. The Libraries’ collections, services, programs, and resources are used by students and faculty in every discipline, each in ways unique to their interests and academic needs.
- Access to international scholarly research through digital and print collections
- Workshops and instruction sessions equipping students with research and information literacy skills to last a lifetime
- Flexible facilities for classroom instruction, student group collaborative projects, presentation spaces, and quiet study
- Digitization of archival documents making unique historical documents available to researchers everywhere
- Contemporary technology and the latest software
- Research consultations with expert library professionals
- Exhibitions featuring local achievements, past and present
- Loans of materials from libraries worldwide
- Publication of BSU faculty and student research, providing free access to advance research efforts throughout the scholarly community
- And much more!
Your gift may help a geoscience major access scholarly articles needed to complete their project, or a student teacher find curriculum resources for student-teaching lesson plans; a future architect to research historical blueprints or sample the latest in sustainable building materials, or a faculty member to complete groundbreaking research. The possibilities are practically endless.
By giving to the Libraries, you are investing directly in student and faculty success. The value provided by the Libraries impacts student learning and positive academic outcomes, and our partnerships with faculty across campus support relevant classroom teaching and production of quality research. As a rapidly-evolving academic library system committed to exceeding the expectations of our students and faculty, we aim to provide the most up-to-date resources possible to meet the changing needs of today’s Ball State community. And, with your support, we can do just that!
Your donation will help the Libraries advance meaningful research, scholarship, teaching, and learning at Ball State University and beyond. Thank you for being an important part of our continued success!