Indiana Public Radio - Your Public Radio Station
SUPPORT THE NEXT GENERATION OF PUBLIC MEDIA LEADERS!
The new Ball State Public Media Accelerator (PMX) launched in August 2022, giving highly motivated students the opportunity to work at IPR and Ball State PBS while exploring potential careers in public media. Positions include audio/video production, marketing, community engagement and news reporting.
- The Public Media Accelerator program features:
- paid work in a professional public media environment
- dedicated personal workspace in the new PMX Innovation Lab
- a dedicated academic professional who will make sure the student’s experience aligns with Ball State Public Media’s goal to create a high-impact learning practice
- ongoing career mentoring
- monthly lunch and learn sessions with nationally-recognized media experts
- opportunities to participate in Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations (IPBS) webinars and other public media learning opportunities
- networking opportunities in the industry
The program offers students an immersive experience from Day 1. Projects align with Ball State Public Media’s mission—“connecting people with educational experiences and trusted stories”—and vision—“Ball State Public Media will be a leader in innovation, education and diverse perspectives.”
YOUR GIFT ON THIS ONE BALL STATE DAY SUPPORTS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM, REGIONAL COVERAGE, ENGAGING STORIES, MUSIC AND LEARNING EXPERIENCES FOR BALL STATE STUDENTS!
Indiana Public Radio, a listener supported service of Ball State University, is East Central Indiana's public radio station. IPR provides local, regional, national and international news, classical music, culture and great stories to our entire community.
As an NPR licensee, IPR brings programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, BBC's The World, Fresh Air, Science Friday, This American Life - just to name a few programs- to our local airways. In addition, IPR is your source for local news and weather.