Support quality of life in Muncie!
As an anchor institution in East Central Indiana, Ball State University plays a key role in mobilizing partnerships that revitalize and sustain our city and our region. The Office of Community Engagement positions the university to support key initiatives – from local neighborhood development to regional talent pipelines – to improve quality of life in our community.
Your giving will support the Building Better Neighborhoods initiative, a collaborative partnership between the Office of Community Engagement and Muncie Action Plan to increase the capacity of neighborhood leaders and associations in Muncie and Delaware County.
The BBN Initiative spearheads the following efforts:
- Immersive learning projects in which Ball State faculty mentors and students work directly with neighborhood leaders and residents to address issues such as safety, beautification, community-building, strategic planning, and health and wellbeing.
- Neighborhood association development and support, including monthly Neighborhood Leadership Council meetings, professional development opportunities, and personalized guidance for new association leaders.
- Logistics help for neighborhood events such as clean-ups, picnics, community gardening, and other outreach events.
- Candidate forums to increase knowledge and participation in local elections.
- Annual IDEA Neighborhood Conference, a free all-day event for neighborhood association members to learn and share best practices around capacity building, accessing local resources, and connecting with larger community initiatives.
- Celebration of neighborhood achievements through the annual neighborhoods pool party, features on the Muncie Neighborhoods website, Neighborhood Leader and Neighborhood Project of the Year awards, and national recognition at the Neighborhoods U.S.A. conference.
We’d love your help!