BFSA Student scholarship is for eligible students to receive mini scholarships & emergency funds. BFSA seeks to support the retention of success of Black students via two goals: 1) Serve as a support forum for Black members of the University community and 2) Promote the growth and development of inclusive excellence, reflecting the University's goals in a manner consistent with its mission.
The Black Faculty and Staff Association facilitates and influences educational, administrative, and personnel policies in ways that enhance the welfare of individuals who identify as Black or with the Black experience at Ball State University for the betterment of the University community as whole.
- Serve as a support forum for Black members of the University community;
- Provide and promote leadership opportunities for BSU Black faculty and staff members;
- Develop financial and other resources necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the Association;
- To promote the growth and development of inclusive excellence, reflecting the University’s goals in a manner consistent with its mission;
- Establish, maintain, and expand channels of communication with the University community; and
- Assemble consultants from business, industry, government, social agencies, and organizations to conduct workshops, seminars, and programs aimed at Ball State University.