Get With The Program!
The University Program Board (UPB) is the programming organization that initiates many of the activities designed to make the Ball State campus the focus of community life for university students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
Membership in UPB is open and available to all Ball State University students. As the largest student programming organization, UPB offers many cultural events, educational programs, and popular and diverse entertainment for students. Students programming for students has become the best formula for the many years of success for UPB.
UPB members realize that much of the college experience is developed outside the classroom, as members receive unique experiences developing interpersonal relations, public relations, marketing, advertising, and business skills. UPB also provides many opportunities for members to enhance professional growth, develop creativity, and learn about the rich diversity of people on the Ball State campus. The experiences gained through any position held on the board, either as an executive or committee member, can become a valuable asset when applying for work after graduation. Not only is the experience rewarding, but it's fun!
Contributions made to UPB will support:
- Professional development opportunities for students who work with us.
- Various UPB initiatives
Student Center and Programs
The L.A. Pittenger Student Center is committed to developing students into productive members and leaders of the Ball State and civic communities and providing an array of quality services to the campus community. We hold firmly to the belief that the value of college experiences lies not only in academic achievement but also in extracurricular activities that support the holistic approach to developing students in a diverse and global world.
The L.A. Pittenger Student Center has four broad objectives to accomplish its mission with Ball State University:
- Support the educational goals of Ball State University by the provision of essential services, conveniences, and amenities for students, faculty, staff, alumni, conference participants, and guests of the University.
- Provide social, cultural, entertainment, educational, and recreational programs for students, faculty, staff, and their families with a primary focus on fully utilizing the Student Center.
- Serve as a laboratory for out-of-class learning whereby students can implement the knowledge gained from formal instruction; and encourages self-directed activity by students, providing the utmost opportunity for self-realization, development of individual social skills, and effectiveness with group dynamics.
- Serve as a unifying force in campus life, cultivating endearing regard and loyalty for Ball State University.