In the Department of Early Childhood, Youth, and Family Studies, we focus on advancing early childhood education and healthy development in educational and home-based settings, training child life specialists who work in pediatric hospitals, and preparing students to work in family services agencies. Our vision is to be known for our unmatched expertise, accessibility, and impact through our preparation of outstanding, future professionals and through our service to Indiana families, schools, and communities.
We work hard to attract and support highly-motivated students who desire to improve the lives of children and families. Many such students lack the resources to complete a college degree. We have accordingly prioritized our fundraising efforts toward the following:
1. Supplemental financial support for tuition and textbook expenses.
- We have a group of working professionals in early childhood education who are taking courses while working full-time. We wish to offer scholarships to help offset their tuition expenses.
- We have students who have limited financial aid and struggle to pay for their textbooks. We wish to offer textbook scholarships to help assist with such purchases.
2. Recruiting efforts and resources to attract and support diverse, dedicated students, some of whom might otherwise struggle to meet the financial demand of higher education.
- We have several scholarships that target students with significant financial barriers, including the Jane E. Ulrich and the Barbara Wind scholarships, or that target students with backgrounds (e.g., racial minority) that are underrepresented in the child and family professions, such as the James Stroud scholarship.
- These scholarships need additional funds to help maintain our ability to award helpful amounts of support to prospective and current students.
Please join our efforts to support the lives of children and families in our local community and beyond. Let’s work together to make a difference!
If you have a preference how your donation is used, please so indicate in the note option when making a donation.